19 April 2011

Neti Pot!

After having a cold about 2 weeks ago, I am still having lingering problems with my sinuses.  This is a recurring problem for me and one that always complicates my ability to prepare for performances.  So I finally invested in a Neti Pot yesterday.  For anyone who doesn't know what that is, see here.  I have been hearing good things about it from other performers for a couple of years now, but last week my chiropractor emphatically suggested I get one.  I have used it a few times now.  It's comfortable to use, but I can't say that my sinuses have completely cleared up yet.

Regardless, my range is now back completely so I will have no trouble singing for the myriad of performances I have in the next two weeks.  In fact, I sometimes find that it is easier to sing with sinus problems because you can feel so much more when the sound is resonating in the right place.  So I just aim for the sound to resonate where it hurts, and hitting those high notes are no longer a struggle. :)

1 comment:

  1. A Netipot could be prefab of several materials specified as instrumentation, clay or alloy. Notwithstanding, one of its nonclassical and widely purchasable variants is prefab of foam, which can be squeezed to depart the rate of the result into the nasal structure.

    ReplyDelete