12 July 2011

Attempted Improvements

We set up the sound system to record the funeral this morning to aid me in my attempt to get some updated sample tracks to use for this website.  Something went wonky and it only picked up my microphone and not the instrument mic that was setup to record the piano and organ.  So, if anyone wants to hear my a cappella version of On Eagles Wings... (you really don't).

We'll do better next time.

In the meantime, I need to sit down and actually order those business cards that I keep telling myself I need to get.  Maybe next time someone compliments me on my performance, I can casually slip them a business card.  Girl's gotta make a living, right?  Need to be careful of appropriate business-card-giving moments.  After a funeral? Probably not.  Working with a new accompanist?  Definitely!

I think the trick to getting jobs in this business is referrals.  I mean, we all want to work with people we know, and barring that, we want to work with people whom the people we know know, you know?

Hope you are all enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment